Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Be Pride of Being A Marketer

Because of consumer behavior class, I feel confident and pride of being a marketing major students, especially doing the design sprint project. I found all of the knowledge and skills that I learned in this class are matching with my personal interests and future expectation. I enjoyed spending time on brainstorming, and I believe I can come up with the ideas as well as persuade my team members to select my idea. Anyway, through the design sprint project, I can connect the knowledge that I learned from the previous classes well with the project. I am willing to work on it because it is only one class that I want to spend time on it without any complain.

The first interest is brainstorming. I think I am a creative person and I want to be the unique one. Every time when I do brainstorm, I feel exciting. I tried to generate ideas, which were representative, unique, and independent. When professor asked us to make the decision about our team's product or service, I felt confused and I was afraid of making decision. However, I followed steps to do brainstorm and mapping about the given topic, I found I grasp the methods and realize what my team need. Then, I had enough confidence to discuss with my team. I had never imaged that I would be a creative person in team discussion, but I shared my ideas and tried to lead my team to make decision. The most significant finding was I really want to persuade my team to follow me. It is no doubt that a successful decision about defining the problem is the key of doing a perfect plan. Now, I realized the process of making decision is my strength. Thanks for consumer behavior class because it helped me to find my strength.

The second finding during doing the design sprint project is advertising. I was a art major students in high school. I did a successful logo design for a department store in China and my client use my design up to until now. The proof of concept testing and elevator pitch helped to connect art well with marketing. I imitated a large number of paintings from different types of books. I understand the meaning of a object, like, blossoming means flourishing in a business. I know how to paint and design the blossoming in advertisement and attract consumers' eyes through my design. My team's topic is "how do we support users with cooking. Because of my design and painting experience, I drew a magnifying glass and I drew a world map under the glass. I believe cooking could make the world became smaller. Food is a part of the culture and we can experience diversity and traveling other country through cooking. Using our product can achieve this goal. After this exercise, I found marketing is the best stage to show my talent as well as my interests.

The only thing that I want to express is thanking for consumer behavior class and thanking for professor. After completing the course, I believe that I find my future because the knowledge of consumer behavior and my own expertise in art are the key of being a marketer. I have enough confidence about being marketer after graduating, and because of those knowledge, I think I can come over all troubles and challenges. Soon afterwards I will go to work and I will be prove of being a marketer.

No comments:

Post a Comment