Tuesday, February 2, 2016

How My Mom Did Empathy

In the second week, one assignment was watching Simon Sinek's TED talk, "Start With Why." It gave more a deep impression about how to make success in my future business. My mother is a successful businesswoman and she has more than ten chain stores to sell cosmetics and provide beauty service. Now, her company hires more than 150 employees and is well known in my hometown. My mom’s decision about company training confused me, but now, I understand why she did that.

Because I was free in summer, the majority of training classes in my mom’s company required me to attend. All of the classes taught employees about the history of company. How hard my mom set up the company? Why she established this company? And there were a lot of convenient ways to make more money in cosmetic industry, why she chose this one? In my opinion, I think the reason of training is improving employees sell skills and the knowledge about products that uses to persuade customers to buy the product. Now, I realized why mom made this decision in training programs.

First, as Simon Sinek’s opinion, let consumers understand why company provides the products and services are the most efficient way to persuade them to purchase. From my mom’s training program, her employees can understand the mission that the company wants to delivery to consumers, that is we provide the special offer for every customer. Every customer has her own beauty consulter. People choose our brand means choose the individual beautician. Second, after understanding the history of company, employees can understand the development of the company. It forms company’s culture. Through the culture, employee can understand the mission of the company and keeping hard working in order to achieve company’s goal and personal goal.


Now, this training program in my mother’s company is still taking. I asked her about the revenue and position of her company right now. She told me the revenue increase about 1.5 times than last year and her company became one of the best brands in my hometown. Now she is beginning to merger another company in the nearby city. I am pretty sure how important of    understanding “why” in marketing.                                   






     My mom and I in her chain stores in 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment